Visiting Kanha: A Guide To Accommodations And Safaris
Responsible tourism is key in preserving the natural wonder. Exploring Kanha National Park through safaris and staying at its various accommodations is a fantastic way to experience the park's diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes. Here's a guide to accommodations and safaris in Kanha National Park:
Accommodations in Kanha National Park:
Kanha Earth Lodge: This eco-friendly lodge offers comfortable accommodations with a focus on sustainability. It provides a unique wilderness experience and is known for its proximity to the park.
Tuli Tiger Resort: This resort offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury cottages to tented camps. It's a great place for both wildlife enthusiasts and those looking for a luxurious stay.
Kanha Jungle Lodge: Situated near the Mukki entrance of the park, this lodge provides a rustic and authentic jungle experience. It's known for its environmental practices and excellent guides.
Singinawa Jungle Lodge: This upscale lodge offers a mix of luxury and wildlife experiences. They have comfortable cottages, excellent dining and knowledgeable naturalists.
Mogli Resort: A budget-friendly option with cottages and dormitory-style accommodations. It's a good choice for those looking to explore the park on a tighter budget.
Types of Safaris:
Jeep Safaris: Jeep safaris are the most common way to explore Kanha National Park. They allow you to get deep into the forest and offer the best chances of spotting wildlife. You can book these safaris through your accommodations.
Canoe Safaris: The Banjaar River that runs through the park offers opportunities for canoe safaris. These are excellent for birdwatching and seeing aquatic wildlife.
Walking Safaris: Guided walking safaris are an immersive way to experience the park's flora and fauna up close. These are more focused on the smaller details of the jungle.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Kanha National Park is during the dry season, which runs from October to June. The park remains closed during the monsoon season (July to September). The months of March to May are ideal for tiger sightings as they come out to water sources in the heat.
- Make safari bookings in advance, especially if you have specific dates in mind.
- Respect the park's rules and guidelines. Follow the instructions of your guide.
- Wear earthy or camouflage-colored clothing to blend in with the surroundings.
- Keep noise levels to a minimum to not disturb the wildlife.
- Carry essentials like water, sunscreen, a hat and insect repellent.
- It's always a good idea to bring a pair of binoculars for birdwatching. Enjoy your journey through Kanha National Park, and appreciate the incredible biodiversity and landscapes that this pristine wilderness offers.